April 14th - London

It's nearly three months since I last posted to the blog and it's time for an update.

On April 29th, BA strikes permitting, we fly from Heathrow to Vancouver. Because of the uncertainity over the BA situation we have taken the precaution of booking on Air Canada as well. We paid for fully flexible fares and can cancel them and get a full refund. If we can fly with BA we will arrive late in the afternoon and then we have to take a chartered sea plane to Salt Spring Island, as we will miss the last ferry sailing.

We are meeting up with Bob & Thelma tomorrow evening to make final adjustments to the route as well as deciding on some of the hotels, especially those for the first few nights.

Kenny & DeeAnne will be joining us in Whistler, in their rental car, having flown up from their home in El Paso, Texas.

Finally, we have just heard that the ro-ro service out of Halifax goes twice a week, so shipping the car back to the UK should not be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our ninth adventure drive, this time from Salt Spring Island, Vancouver Island in the west of Canada, to Halifax, Nova Scotia, in the east, with an approximate distance of 5,000 miles.