April 23rd - London

Well, after all the upheavals due to the Icelandic volcano and flights being cancelled across Europe, it is looking more hopeful by the day that we will be able to get away next Thursday.

We took the precaution of booking back-up flights on Air Canada because of the BA strike situation, never thinking that Mother Nature might intervene! We'll make the final decision about which airline to use in the middle of next week once we know for certain if BA are flying. If they do, then it's first class to Vancouver, if not we are in the back of the bus on Air Canada.

On the basis that we are able to fly with BA, our flight arrives too late in the evening to catch the ferries across to Victoria and then on to Salt Spring Island, so we have laid on a chartered seaplane to take us directly to Salt Spring. The only problem will be if our flight is delayed because the seaplane cannot fly in the dark. If we arrive too late we will stay the night at the airport and then catch the regular seaplane service at 8.45am in the morning.

I will do one final posting before we fly out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our ninth adventure drive, this time from Salt Spring Island, Vancouver Island in the west of Canada, to Halifax, Nova Scotia, in the east, with an approximate distance of 5,000 miles.